We have a very limited food supply. Retail bulk purchase are not allowed and deliveries from the Food Bank have been cut back. The HOC Food pantry will only be open for emergency cases, by appointment until April 13th
Please call and leave a message if you are in need of food. I will be checking my messages daily.
And will return call. Thank you.
Delores J. Morgan
Seneca County House of Concern
33-35 State Street
Seneca Falls, NY 13148
_______________ SEE ABOVE _____________________________
Monday – Friday
9:30-12:00 and 1:00-3:30
Our food pantry is open to residents of Seneca County who meet the eligibility guidelines (below) and submit the required documentation. Food is provided monthly to clients. No one is turned away on their first visit. If clients return they must bring required documentation outlined below.
Guidelines for Eligibility
Because we are seeing an unprecedented number of people for assistance at the Food Pantry, we are enforcing several rules:
1. If you live in the southern end of the county: Ovid, Lodi, Interlaken; we ask that you visit the food pantries in those locations. If you need information on those pantries we will be able to provide it for you. If there is a reason you are unable to get to those pantries or require additional assistance, then you may discuss the situation with us and we will see how we may help you.
2. If you have not applied for SNAP Benefits (Food Stamps) we strongly encourage you to do so. We have a Nutrition Outreach Education Program (NOEP) Coordinator on site who will help you with this process if you would like. The program is there as a benefit to you. If you are found to qualify for SNAP and refuse to apply, you will receive limited services at this Food Pantry.
3. Workshops that help with budgeting and stretching your food dollars will be offered. We ask that you take advantage of as many of these as possible. They are also here as a benefit to you.
4. If your file is not up to date you will not be given food until you have provided the proper paperwork. If there are changes in your circumstances, please provide documentation of those changes as they happen. Everyone’s file is updated yearly; a yearly update is mandatory and will be strictly enforced.
5. If your household receives over $800.00 monthly in SNAP Benefits, you will be receiving limited services from this Food Pantry. If there are any extenuating circumstances, please let us know and we will do our best to help you however we can.
1. Proof of identity for you and everyone in your home that you wish to include in your file. You may use drivers’ license, birth certificate, school ID or passport. We do not take Social Security Cards.
2. Proof of current address.
3. Proof of any household income for any person on your case. This includes, but is not limited to, employment, unemployment, compensation, child support, death benefits, SSD, SSI, pensions, HUD, alimony and DHS funding.
4. Food will be given on the first visit without any documentation.
5. Nothing but food will be given on the first visit unless in case of extreme circumstances and documentation is provided.
6. No further services will be provided until your file is current.
7. It is your responsibility to inform us of any household changes.